According to realtor.com®, October is the best time to snag a deal on a house. RealtyTrac analyzed more than 32 million sales of single-family homes and condos between 2000 and 2015, finding that those who purchased in October paid 2.6 percent below the average estimated full market value for their property. Oct. 8, specifically, seems to offer the best deals for buyers with an average 10.8 percent discount.
Since the turmoil of the summer real estate market has cooled by seemingly the very same breeze sweeping leaves off the trees across much of the country. But now may be a better time than ever for your buyer clients to do their house hunting.
If your buyers need more reason to start or continue their home search this fall, here are five additional reasons to shop for a home now.
- Less focus on landscaping. While the spring and summer bring green grass and plant life, fall may actually allow buyers to concentrate on the condition of a home’s exterior better. Viewing houses in the fall, you can spot exterior flaws and even landscaping problems, setting you up to deal with these issues before you buy the house.
- The pressure is off. Less competition from other buyers who are pressed by deadlines, such as the start of the school year, means a stress-free pace for your clients.
- Agents have more time. Since you’re likely juggling fewer buyer clients, those who are home shopping will get more of your undivided attention. (plus you don’t have to juggle all of your prospective clients and be all stressed out about it)
- Better deals. Those who are selling in the fall likely have personal deadlines they’d like to meet, such as relocating for a job and sometimes, sellers are more willing to lower their asking price than they would be during the summer months!
- Fewer bidding wars. By taking advantage of the seasonal hiatus by other buyers, there’s less chance that your clients will be outbid by someone else.
Writer: Shaura Cuyan Shaura Cuyan writes about all the hottest Real Estate trends and predictions for Summit VA Solutions. She has previously written for a number of freelancing gigs and writes her own blog on lifestyle and current issues. She is a Graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Communication, taking up her Masters majoring in Development Communication.